Welcome to the Southery Parish Council Website
Parish Council meetings are to be held in the Southery Village Hall, Recreation Drive.
Please see the policies section for more information. (No meetings in August and January)
Members of the public are welcome to attend. For information on contact the Parish Clerk on email [email protected] or via telephone 07795006811.
Responsibilities – Southery Parish Council is responsible for many matters which contribute to life in the parish. These include:
- Commenting on planning applications submitted to the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Planning Department.
- Maintenance of Parish owned streetlights.
- Managing the playing field, play area, village green and cemetery.
- Bus shelters
- Care of trees/bushes/vegetation on Parish Council owned land.
There are some simple steps we can all take to help keep ourselves safe and prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Reduce the risk of catching and/or spreading viral infections. Wash your hands! It sounds obvious, but there are so many occasions where we put our hands to our mouth giving viruses an easy way in. Regular handwashing can reduce that risk significantly, and it only takes 20 seconds to wash them properly by following this NHS guide.
- Catch it, Bin it, Kill it … Germs can live on some surfaces for hours. To protect yourself and others, always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Bin the tissue, and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel.
For the latest information on the Coronavirus visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public.
The Borough Council of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk have a dedicated page for their services: https://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/coronavirus
If anyone has any concerns about their health they should call 111.