BOROUGH COUNCIL OF KING’S LYNN AND WEST NORFOLK
Review of Parliamentary Polling Districts and Polling Places
1. In compliance with Section 17 of the Electoral Administration Act 2013, the Borough Council is required to conduct a review of those parliamentary polling districts and polling places within the North West and South West Norfolk Parliamentary Constituencies. The review will be conducted between 12 November 2018 and 10 December 2018.
2. The Acting Returning Officer is required to make representations to the Council, which must include information as to the location of polling stations within the existing and/or proposed polling places.
3. Any elector within the Borough may make representations concerning either the existing, or proposed arrangements (when published) as to their accessibility with regard to all electors within a particular polling district.
4. The council welcomes any person or organisation with particular expertise in access for persons with disabilities to comment on the Council’s proposals, or any recommendation of the Acting Returning Officer.
5. Persons or organisations making representations should, if possible, give alternative locations that they consider might be appropriate to be used as a polling place.
6. Any representations should be submitted in writing to: Electoral Services, Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk, King’s Court, Chapel Street, King’s Lynn PE30 1EX or email email@example.com
7. The Council’s proposals will be published on 12 November 2018 and will be available for consultation until 10 December 2018. Copies of the proposal will be available at King’s Court and the Council’s website www.bcklwn.gov.uk
8. Final recommendations will be considered by the Council at its meeting on 24 January 2019 and implementation of any changes to the existing scheme will take effect from 1 February 2019.
Ray Harding 12 November 2018